A Small Business Case Study
Below is a case study of how a retail business with 120 monthly paid and approximately 75 seasonal workers benefitted from implementing Teamspirit Payroll Software within their organisation.
- The company had just employed a new Financial Director who was looking to make a number of improvements particularly in the areas of efficiency and costs
- They required an integrated system for HR and payroll
- They were looking to reduce their levels of absence
- They wanted to simplify payroll for seasonal workers - where there were lots of starters and leavers
- The company had two different pension schemes
Previous Payroll/HR Solution
- They had an antiquated payroll system that was not accredited by the HMRC and did not meet the requirements for electronic filing
- They had no HR system with the exception of paper records held in a filing cabinet
What Team spirit Software Recommended and Why
As cost was a major consideration we recommended a hosted integrated HR and Payroll solution as this would give the client access to a fully functional system with minimal upfront costs and IT support required. It was decided that we would host the HR and payroll system on our servers and the client would access their data over the internet. The client was able to pay a monthly hosting charge instead of having to fund a licensed purchase and we would maintain and upgrade the system as and when required for the entire contract period.
The Final Outcome and The Benefits to The Client
The benefits of implementing a computerised HR system have been endless for this organisation, as it has allowed them to gradually get rid of their paper based records by inputting information on their employees directly into Teamspirit. They have also been able to analyse and monitor absence and pin point what is often termed as Monday/Friday syndrome, using the systems global statistics and Bradford Factor functionality. As a result they have now managed to reduce absence by over 50%.
Seasonal workers were also problematic, as their old system did not allow them to put employees who only worked on a seasonal basis on payroll hold. The administration of keying starters and leavers has saved the company approximately two days keying per month during their busy periods.
TeamSpirit provides the facility to run multiple pensions schemes which meant that the old final salary pension scheme and recently added stakeholder scheme could now be administered through Teamspirit.
Click here for a full list of Software Features
Click here for our guide to implementing Payroll Software in your organisation